10 good reasons to Choose Custom Made Furniture?
By Harry Howard
1. Australian custom made furniture is designed and built to meet the particular needs of the space you have to fill. Making the right choices might mean running through several design possibilities during the process of finding the right match for your home and personality.
2. Using age-old traditions, paying close attention to detail produces a high quality finish, furniture designers with an environmental conscious make every effort to source timber from salvaged trees that have not been deliberately harvested.
3. Size, type of timber and finish may be all personally selected according to your taste and flair for design
Why Not Save & Buy Discount Furniture?
4. Discount furniture is inherently generic, making little artistic or aesthetic impact on your living space. Do you really want furniture that everyone else has sitting in their homes?
5. On the other hand, custom made furniture, from handmade oak desks to cast-iron mail tables, can add the perfect accent to your room, tying individual elements like carpet and wall color into a cohesive theme. Artisan furniture has a personality, and it usually lasts for decades, making it a wise investment.
6. Custom made pieces will be an heirloom that you can pass down for generations, as they are built to last. They become heirlooms that you are proud to pass onto your family.
7. Discount furniture generally has a short life and the cheaper materials will wear out a lot faster
Benefits of Australian Custom Made Furniture
8. The main benefit of custom-made furniture is that it's customizable. You can fit exactly what you want to the space you want, in the colours, materials, and design you want.
Custom furniture is interactive; a coffee table or desk becomes less a product a person buys and more of a process in which a person participates.
When you think “handmade furniture” you probably also think “really expensive.” Not necessarily, says Harry Howard of Harry Howard's Fine Furniture. “I think many people would be surprised,” he says. “It is expensive, but if you go to a high market boutique furniture store, then you're getting close to what custom-made furniture would cost anyway.”
Australian Made Furniture That Always Looks Good
9. Custom made furniture is unique and also crafted with care and with an attention to detail. Our craftsmen have spent many years perfecting their work
10. Always remember that quality custom made furniture will always have a great resale value. What you pay for it today is an investment that you will not only be able to enjoy today, but you will be able to sell easily if you needed to without being out of pocket. Indeed, you may find that just like fine wine, it has increased in value!
Harry Howard has been designing and making furniture since 1981. Please feel free to use this article free of charge, providing that you leave the article intact, reference the author and provide a link back to http://www.harryhoward.com.au